Detectable Warning Panels
ADA Arcis Tactile
- Architectural appearance
- Non slip surface, actually improves with time
- Specially designed truncated dome resists chipping with shovels. Dome specifications meet PROWAC 304.1
- Color is integral with concrete, will not fade or wear off. Contrasting color meets PROWC 304.1 visual contrast requirements
- Time proven design and technology in the harshest environments
The landscape around a project can define its overall appeal. Arcis corp. has applied its proprietary thin architectural cladding system to a line of paving products including a new cast in place detectable warning.
Durable and Competitively Priced
Even better is that the architectural panel is competitively priced with other detectable warning systems. It is one of, if not the most durable on the market, and is made with natural materials and recycled materials; its manufacture does not effect the environment like plastic products.
At ¾” thick the pavers easily wet set into fresh concrete. They are mechanically anchored to the sidewalk and become part of the walking surface. Unlike other products, they do not crack and peal, creating a tripping hazard and detracting from the project appearance over time.
Various Color Options Available
As a custom precast manufacture, Arcis will make the detectable warnings in various colors and configurations, or include matching custom components for your project.
ADA compliance, while performing a vital public service can add to the aesthetics of a projects appeal.
Testing and Specifications:
- Meets all requirements of PROAG304.1
- Compressive strength greater than 9000 psi average ASTM C140-98b
- Flexural strength; modulus of rupture greater than 1200 psi ASTM C293-94
- Absorption less then 5.3% ASTM C140
- Abrasion resistance; Coefficient of loss .1 cm^3/cm^2 ASTM C418-98
- Freeze-Thaw resistance; less than 1% loss after 75 cycles, ASTM C1262d-98, 3% NaCl solution
- ASTM C1028-Slip resistance Greater than .87
- ASTM G155-Colorfast Test performed by the Kansas Department of Transportation-all colors passed
- Applicable sections of both ADAAG and PROWAC-Third party verified to meet dome size, spacing and geometry.
US patent no. 6711866, Canadian patent no. 2357834, Other patents pending